Friday, November 12, 2010

To Save a Life


This was one of our recent Netflix movies.  I had never heard of it, but Johnny heard from someone that it was good.  I really enjoyed it. It really made me think...Here is the synopsis on IMDb:

After a childhood friend's death, Jake Taylor, an all-star athlete must change his life -
and sacrifice his dreams to save the lives of others.

Did I do everything I could've while I was in school to be nice to everyone? Did I leave anyone out? I recall a few situations where I befriended a new student or someone who may have not had many friends.  But was that enough? I know I can still do that now...but it's harder when I am not in a setting where I meet new people and such. After the movie I went and talked to my parents about it. I like having discussions with them.  My dad thought he would be clever and busted out  a hymn:

Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad, made someone feel glad? If not I have failed indeed....

In this movie it also had religion in it. Not specifically the LDS church, but another Christian church.  In the movie there was a situation where the main character wanted to bring his GF to a youth activity.  So she came.  The whole time she felt like she was being judged.  It's sad, aren't we supposed to be the church that welcomes all? Aren't we supposed to be Christ-like? I think that is something we all need to work on! Judge less and love more!!

Haha I kinda feel like I am giving a talk now, but its just something I wanted to share!

1 comment: