Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another Year Over...and a New One Just Begun...

Wow. 2012 just FLEW by. I can't believe it's already 2013. One of my goals. Blog more. It's really my only journal so I really need to keep up on it!

The holidays were super different this year. For one, I had a new appreciation for good health. 2011 the holidays were hard and I was not in the best spirits because of my health. This year, Johnny was gone for a week from the 15th to the 21st. He was at the BYU bowl game. (For those of you who don't know, the hubs is the head Defensive Manager at BYU for the football team) That was hard for me. Especially because it was right around the holidays! I also started another new job which kept me extremely busy. More to come on that later... Christmas was so much fun. My sis, her hubby, and kids live at my parents house now and so they were there with us for Christmas. It was so much fun the see the excitement and wonderment in their eyes. I miss Christmas as a kid. So I am excited to have kids in the future and hopefully can make Christmas enjoyable for them.

Every year I feel like a miss out on too many Christmas movies. I LOVE THEM. But can never seem to fit them all in! I was able to watch:
-Christmas with the Krank's: hilarious. If you haven't seen it, you need to!
-The Bishop's Wife: I had never seen this movie, I really liked the message that it sends. Don't take the things you have for granted. Figure out what is truly important in life.
-It's a Wonderful Life: Classic.
-Scrooge: If you haven't seen this version, you are missing out! It is my favorite along side, Muppet's Christmas Carol.
-A few shows from the Hallmark channel, can't remember the names!

A year in review: 

January 2012:
  Johnny started his 2nd semester at BYU & switched his major from exercise science, to physical education. Instead of Dentistry, Johnny now wants to become an Athletic Director, which I think is an awesome fit for him! I was still working part-time and regaining my health/strength to get back into my normal crazy busy routine :)
We had a fun bowling night with friends and sang some karaoke 

We saw Brian Reagan.
The big yellow one is the sun.
Take Luck!

February 2012:
 We took a trip to St. George over President's day weekend which was a lot of fun. Also Valentine's day was fun with the hubs!

Dad & Roury's birthday celebration!

Roury's 25th Birthday. Celebrated in St. George

The hubs is adorable. He got me this cute bear (he gets me a new stuffed animal every year) and a cute card.  We had a yummy dinner and I think we went and saw a movie?? Can't remember now...its been a year...haha.


March 2012:
 Johnny was invited to Spring Ball practices so he could start learning everything about his new position.

Rylee & Katie came to Utah to visit, and to have Ailia's baby blessing. It was so good to see them and meet my little niece! Love these pics of the girl cousins meeting for the first time
Some friends and I threw a baby shower for one of my bestest buddies

April 2012: 



For Easters we went to Alpine Country Club with my parents and my sis and her fam. Johnny got me The Band Perry CD. And yes...that is my Harry Potter wand that is pointing to our Lego Harry Potter game. :)


Johnny turned 27! We also celebrated my sis's bday and Mother's day. 
One of my bestest buds, Allyssa, had her baby boy Finn! He is the cutest!


May 2012: New York Here We Come!
  We took our FIRST trip to the Northeast to the lovely state of New York. My brother was graduating from NYU Law, so it was the perfect time to go and see him graduate. It was so much fun to see the area where my bro, sis-in-law, & niece lived for 9 months. We did a LOT of site seeing. It was epic. The whole time I was stressing that my best friend would have her baby while I was gone, but Viv waited for me to get home! :)
Shake Shack is DIVINE mmmmmmm.
Ailia....adorable!
I like to think she was crying in this pic because she missed us so much ;)

Georgetown cupcakes yummmm


Empire State Building. 
Breathtaking
The Big Bro had to stay home and study for some finals, so Katie took us out to do some site seeing! We hung in Washington square Park for awhile and watched some dudes putting on a show. 

The Statue of Liberty.
Fun ferry ride over with lots of little kids going on a field trip (um, way cooler than any fieldtrip I ever went on)
Kinda chilly
Awesome experience
Speaking of The Statue of Liberty, this video is funny...click HERE
(Watch it from the 3:00 min mark where I have already set it)

We HAD to see a broadway musical. So ofcourse we picked Spiderman! It was awesome!
Excuse my lovely flash on the Playbill, I am NOT a pro photographer and I had to hurry cuz they didn't want cameras out!


Vivien was born :) 

June 2012: 

My awesome mommy won $100 for winning the literary contest for South Jordan City!

July 2012:
Fun with family on the 4th of July!

August 2012:
   On August 1st, we celebrated our 3rd Anniversary! Crazy how fast time flies. Still so much in love and happy as ever :) Johnny started his manager position at BYU has Head Defensive Manager.


For our anniversary we went to St. George & Vegas.
September 2012:
I went to a BYU game and watched Johnny do his job!


October 2012:
  I started a fun costume blog and got over 3,000 views before Halloween! Halloween was celebrated with family.

November 2012: 
  We celebrated my 24th birthday!

December 2012:
  Had a wonderful Christmas with the family

The end!





No comments:

Post a Comment